Whistle-blowing is raising a concern about misconduct or malpractice within Playbox.
- Playbox is committed to delivering a high quality service which is accountable and maintains public confidence.
- Playbox will not accept or condone any behaviour by staff or other adults associated with the setting
- that is contrary to our aims and objectives, policies and procedures.
This policy provides staff with protection from victimisation of punishment where they raise a genuine concern about misconduct or malpractice within the setting, covered under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998. This Act covers behaviour which amounts to:-
- Criminal behaviour
- Failure to comply with legal obligations
- A miscarriage of justice
- Danger to health and safety of an individual and/or environment
- Deliberate concealment of information about any of the above.
Staff, students and volunteers are encouraged to report any instances of unsatisfactory practise they observe in the setting. These should be reported to the supervisor who will advise on action that will be taken in response to concerns expressed and investigated and resolved as quickly as possible.
Staff, students and volunteers are encouraged to discuss any concerns at staff meetings, appraisals etc.
An open door policy exists for all staff to express concerns at any time.
If a member of staff, student or volunteer feels that the matter cannot be discussed with the Manager they should contact Chairperson Jane Sharp and it may be referred to Ofsted on 0300 123 1231 for advice on steps to take.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of The Playbox AGM held on 15th October 2013.
This Policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox AGM held on 14th October 2014.
This Policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 23rd November 2015.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 7th November 2016
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 9th May 2019
This policy was reviewed by email & signed by the chairperson on the 22nd October 2020
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp