Volunteer and Student Placement Policy
We recognise that the quality and variety of work, which goes on in The Playbox, makes it an ideal place for students on placement from school and college childcare courses.
Equally we appreciate regular volunteer help and the commitment and support of unpaid helpers.
Students & volunteers are welcomed into The Playbox on the following conditions:
– They must have obtained a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
– The needs of the children are paramount. Volunteers & students will not be admitted in numbers which hinder the essential work of the group.
– Any information gained by the students or volunteers about the children, families or other adults in the group must remain confidential and all students & volunteers will be made aware of our Confidentiality Policy.
– All adults regularly attending the Playbox will fill out a Personal details form, signed & dated.
– All Playbox policies and procedures will be made available.
– Students & volunteers will not have unrestricted access to the children.
– All students & volunteers will be under supervision from the staff at all times and they will advise and support them as necessary.
– Students placement must be arranged and confirmed by their tutor.
– Students required to conduct child studies will obtain written permission from the parents of the child to be studied.
– We reserve the right to ask tutors to remove students if we find their placement unsatisfactory.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 22nd February 1999.
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 12th June 2007.
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox AGM held on 14th October 2014.
This Policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 23rd November 2015.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 7th November 2016
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 9th May 2019
This policy was reviewed by email & signed by the chairperson on the 22nd October 2020
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp