The Playbox Management Committee
I can’t believe we are already in February, where do the weeks go!
I haven’t reported to you on our progress for some time but I know you get regular updates on your children from Mrs Hillman and the staff.
It continues to be busy at Playbox with new children joining this term. As ever the staff have planned exciting learning opportunities that engage and excite the
A number of us have planned visits to the setting this term to monitor actvities, support the staff, get to know the children and ensure their safety and welfare.
A regular committee member who visits Playbox is Miss Hebden. She plays the piano so the children can sing – I think they all enjoy it.
Last term I was delighted to attend the Playbox Harvest celebration were the
children brought their gifts in to the church.They also hunted for Rev. Ruth’s mice, I am sure there were more that the year before – but that’s mice for you!
I also came to the amazing Nativity play. I know many of you were able to be there too. When you realise just how young many of the children were it becomes even more amazing.
We have had our first committee meeting this term. We have been updating a
number of Playbox policies all of which can be found on the web site.
We have also monitored the finances to ensure value for money and appropriate use of the funds we receive from Suffolk Local Authority. Looking closely at our balances the decision has been made to increase fees to parents for the summer term 2024. You will all have received notification of this already. We will continue to monitor this on an annual basis.
There are parent spaces available on The Playbox Management Committee. If there are any parents who would like to join the committee please talk to Mrs
Hillman or Mrs Mansfield.
Please never hesitate to contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any worries or problems or to give us positive feedback about your experiences of Playbox.
Jane Sharp Chair of The Playbox management committee
Playbox is currently run by committee and has a code of conduct.
Code of Conduct for the Management Committee
AS INDIVIDUALS ON THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE:
We will focus on our strategic functions:
1. Ensuring there is clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
2. Holding leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of staff
3. Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
4. Ensuring the voices of stakeholders are heard
AS INDIVIDUALS ON THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE WE AGREE TO:
Fulfil our role & responsibilities
1. We accept that our role is strategic and so will focus on our core functions rather than involve ourselves in day to day management.
2. We will develop, share and live the ethos and values of our setting.
3. We agree to adhere to Playbox policies and procedures as set out by the relevant governing documents and law.
4. We will work collectively for the benefit of Playbox.
5. We will be candid but constructive and respectful when holding leaders to account and contributing to the nursery self evaluation.
6. We will consider how our decisions may affect Playbox and local community.
7. We will stand by the decisions that we make as a collective.
8. We will only speak or act on behalf of the Management Committee if we have the authority to do so.
9. We will fulfil our responsibilities as a good employer, acting fairly and without prejudice.
10. When making or responding to complaints we will follow the established procedures.
11. We will strive to uphold Playbox’s reputation in our private communications (including on social media)
Demonstrate our commitment to the role
1. We will involve ourselves actively in the work of the Management Committee, and accept our fair share of responsibilities, serving on committees or working groups where required.
2. We will make every effort to attend all meetings and where we cannot attend explain in advance why we are unable to.
3. We will arrive at meetings prepared, having read all papers in advance, ready to make a positive contribution and observe protocol.
4. We will get to know Playbox well and respond to opportunities to involve ourselves in its activities.
5. We will visit Playbox and when doing so will make arrangements with relevant staff in advance and observe Playbox and Management Committee protocol.
6. When visiting Playbox in a personal capacity (i.e. as a parent or carer), we will continue to honour the commitments made in this code.
7. We will participate in any appropriate induction training where possible and take responsibility for developing our individual and collective skills and knowledge on an ongoing basis.
Build and maintain relationships
1 We will develop effective working relationships with Playbox leaders, staff, parents and other relevant stakeholders from our local community.
2. We will express views openly, courteously and respectfully in all our communications with Management Committee members and staff both inside and outside of meetings.
3. We will support the chair in their role of leading the Management Committee and ensuring appropriate conduct.
1. We will observe complete confidentiality both inside and outside of Playbox when matters are deemed confidential or where they concern individual staff, pupils or families.
2. We will not reveal the details of any Management Committee vote.
3. We will ensure all confidential papers are held and disposed of appropriately.
4. We will maintain confidentiality even after we leave office.
Declare conflicts of interest and be transparent
1. We will declare any business, personal or other interest that we have in connection with the Management Committee’s business and these will be recorded and kept in the Conflict of Interests folder.
2. We will also declare any conflict of loyalty at the start of any meeting should the need arise duration of the discussion and any subsequent vote.
3. If a conflicted matter arises in a meeting, we will offer to leave the meeting for the duration of the discussion and any subsequent vote.
4. We will act in the best interests of Playbox as a whole and not as a representative of any group.
We understand that potential or perceived breaches of this code will be taken seriously and that a breach could lead to formal sanctions.
The Management Committee agree that this code of conduct will be reviewed annually, upon significant changes to the law and policy or as needed and it will be endorsed by the full Management Committee.
I accept this Code of Conduct
Signature…………Jane Sharp Chairperson Date……04/2021