In the event of snow or bad weather Playbox will consider:
– The temperature in the hall,
Temperatures in school classrooms should therefore be at least 18oC (64.4oF). The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, .
– In the event of the heating system not working we will close the setting until repaired.
– If the road access to the hall is clear.
– We will put out details on the website.
– Consider if sufficient staff can get to the setting.
– Staff will contact all parents/carers of children due in that day by phone where possible or email.
– We will contact parents to inform them that we have re-opened.
– A sign will be put up on the door informing anyone who comes to the setting the details of closure.
– Ensure that the driveway is safe for access to the setting.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 5th February 2019
This policy was reviewed by email & signed by the chairperson on the 22nd October 2020
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp