Policy and Procedures for Younger Children
Children from the age of two years are welcome at The Playbox.
We will meet the needs of the younger children, under three years, as follows:
– Our high adult:child ratio ensures a safe and secure environment in which to settle young children.
Adult support on a one-to-one basis provides continuity of care.
– Staff have a sound knowledge of child development and therefore can encourage young children
to progress to reach their full potential by offering the appropriate level of support.
– Quiet areas are provided for young children who need to rest.
– Nappy changing facilities are provided for young children wearing nappies or trainer pants.
– At The Playbox we have a wide range of equipment, including suitable toys for younger children.
– Adult supervision will ensure safe access to all equipment.
– Young children will be gently encouraged to join in larger group activities at their own pace.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 22nd February 1999.
This Policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox AGM held on 14th October 2014
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of the Playbox committee 23rd November 2015
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 7th November 2016
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 9th May 2019
This policy was reviewed by email & signed by the chairperson on the 22nd October 2020
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp