Policy and Procedures for Younger Children
Children from the age of two years are welcome at The Playbox.
We will meet the needs of the younger children, under three years, as follows:
– Our high adult:child ratio ensures a safe and secure environment in which to settle young children.
Adult support on a one-to-one basis provides continuity of care.
– Staff have a sound knowledge of child development and therefore can encourage young children
to progress to reach their full potential by offering the appropriate level of support.
– Quiet areas are provided for young children who need to rest.
– At The Playbox we have a wide range of equipment, including suitable toys for younger children.
– Adult supervision will ensure safe access to all equipment.
– Young children will be gently encouraged to join in larger group activities at their own pace.
– Nappy changing facilities are provided for young children wearing nappies or trainer pants.
We will support parents with potty/toilet training see intimate care policy.
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 25th January 2023
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp