Partnership with Parents Policy
Parents / carers are the first educators of their young children.
We recognise their role in a child’s development and education and aim to work in partnership with them in the following ways:
- Parents / carers and children are welcome to visit the provision prior to booking a place.
- A date will be arranged for parents / carers and children to visit for a session the term before they start attending, when the supervisor will be available to discuss necessary issues on a personal basis.
- Details of our management structure will be made available; including the role parents can play. Regular committee meetings enable us to monitor and respond to parental views.
- Parents / carers will be asked to complete a registration form.
- All child records will be available to the parents / carers of that child.
- Permission will be obtained for observations, photographs, outings and Data Protection issues.
- All parents will receive an information pack including activities, fees, and curriculum information and information how to find policies on the website. A hard copy is always available in setting.
- We will communicate and inform parents / carers through a variety of mediums, e.g. newsletter, notice board, parents evenings etc.
- Staff will be available to discuss with parents / carers any issues about their child’s welfare before or after each session or at other times subject to prior arrangement.
- Parents / carers have the opportunity to be actively involved during The Playbox sessions encouraging them to contribute their own skills, knowledge and interests.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 30th October 2002.
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox AGM held on 14th October 2014.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of the Playbox committee 23rd November 2015
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 7th November 2016
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 9th May 2019
This policy was reviewed & signed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 19th March 2020
This policy was reviewed by email & signed by the chairperson on the 22nd October 2020
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp
Amendments to this policy during COVID 19 outbreak
Parents will not be allowed into the setting on arrival and exit but individual cases will be risk assessed in the interests of the child.
Anyone entering the building will be asked to wear a face mask either their own or one will be provided