The Playbox aims to provide a safe and stimulating learning environment in our outside area, providing opportunities to enhance physical, cognitive, social and emotional learning.
In order to accomplish this we will endeavour to:
- Support and extend the children’s interests in the outside area.
- Encourage children to contribute to the maintenance of the area (planting, watering).
- Encourage self management of safe risks in children’s learning and development.
- Support the children to observe the natural environment.
- Provide resources for the development of gross and fine motor skills.
- Model caring for the living things that share the outside area.
Regular daily checks are made to maintain a safe and secure environment in accordance with our daily checklist.
Each child will wear suitable clothing for different weather conditions.
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 22nd March 2023
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp