Operational procedures for outings
Outings or trips that take place during The Playbox session are always carefully planned and the safety of the children is paramount.
The Playbox will ensure that:
- On outings or trips the adult to child ratio will be at least 1:2
- If a small group goes out, there will be sufficient adults to maintain appropriate ratios for staff and children remaining on the premises
- Parents will be provided with details of outing at an earlier date
- Prior written parental permission will be obtained
- Only reputable transport companies will be used
- Maximum seating will not be exceeded on coaches/buses
- Only coaches/buses fitted with seat belts will be hired
- A prior visit will take place to assess any potential risk en-route or at the venue
- Essential records, such as contact details for staff and children, will be taken
- First aid, spare clothing, plastic bag etc will always be available
- All adults and children will be covered by our insurance company
- Staff will always have access to a mobile phone
- Parents and helpers will be given details and information prior to the trip to ensure events run smoothly.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 20th November 2001
This Policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox AGM held on 14th October 2014.
This Policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 23rd November 2015.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 7th November 2016
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 9th May 2019
This policy was reviewed by email & signed by the chairperson on the 22nd October 2020
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp