Intimate Care Policy
The safeguarding and welfare requirements of the EYFS and the Equalities Act 2010, which our setting has regard to, ensures equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice so that every child is included and not disadvantaged because of ethnicity, culture or religion, home language, family background, learning difficulties or disabilities, gender or ability.
In the event that your child wets or soils themselves at Playbox we will ensure that:-
- Staff have appropriate information and training, dealing with the needs of the child discretely.
- Liaise with parents/carers as appropriate
- Ensure we have a safe and suitable area in which to support the child, respecting their privacy whilst adhering to appropriate safeguarding procedures.
- Ensure children’s privacy is respected whilst also ensuring staff members remain visible.
- Ensure staff have enhanced DBS checks to support the safeguarding of all children in our care.
- Review our procedure and practice regularly.
To minimise the risk of infection staff members will :-
- Wear disposable gloves while dealing with the incident and dispose of these in an appropriate way.
- Soiled nappies will be wrapped and disposed of in an appropriate way.
- Soiled items will be wrapped for parents/carers collection.
- Water and liquid soap will be used to wash child’s and staff members hands after intimate care has taken place and paper towels used to dry hands.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of The Playbox AGM held on 15th October 2013.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox AGM held on 14th October 2014.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 23rd November 2015.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 7th November 2016
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 9th May 2019
This policy was reviewed by email & signed by the chairperson on the 22nd October 2020
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp
Amendments to this policy during COVID 19 outbreak
Appropriate PPE will be used when dealing with the wet or soiling of a child
Changing mats will be sanitised after each use and extra mats purchased in order to rotate use.
Sanitiser will be available at all times.