Our work with children and families will sometimes bring us into contact with confidential information.
To ensure that all those using and working in The Playbox can do so in confidence, we will respect confidentiality in the following ways:
– Prior written permission will be obtained to hold personal details on children and employees.
- We will declare in advance any routine transfer of data beyond the childcare provision
- ( except issues regarding child protection).
- Parents will have access to the files and records of their own children, but will not have access to information about any other child.
- It is our policy to keep all records in a secure location.
- Staff will not discuss individual children, other than for purposes of curriculum planning/group management, with other people other than the parents/carers of that child.
- Information given by parents/carers to The Playbox leader will not be passed on to other adults without permission – except in exceptional circumstances.
- Rooms are available at The Playbox for confidential or private discussion with parents/ carers.
- Issues to do with the employment of staff, whether paid or unpaid, will remain confidential to the people directly involved with making personnel decisions.
- Students and regular volunteers observing in The Playbox will be advised of our confidentiality policy and required to respect it.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 11th September 1996.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox AGM on 14th October 2014.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee 23rd November 2015
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 7th November 2016
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 9th May 2019
This policy was reviewed & signed at a meeting of the Playbox committee held on 19th March 2020
This policy was reviewed by email & signed by the chairperson on the 22nd October 2020
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp