Outings or trips that take place during The Playbox session are always carefully planned and the safety of the children is paramount.
The Playbox will ensure that:
- On outings or trips the adult to child ratio will be at least 1:2
- If a small group goes out, there will be sufficient adults to maintain appropriate ratios for staff and children remaining on the premises
- Parents will be provided with details of outing at an earlier date
- Prior written parental permission will be obtained
- Only reputable transport companies will be used
- Maximum seating will not be exceeded on coaches/buses
- Only coaches/buses fitted with seat belts will be hired
- A prior visit will take place to assess any potential risk en-route or at the venue
- Essential records, such as contact details for staff and children, will be taken
- First aid, spare clothing, plastic bag etc will always be available
- All adults and children will be covered by our insurance company
- Staff will always have access to a mobile phone and will have completed a risk assessment to ensure access to a phone signal.
- Parents and helpers will be given details and information prior to the trip to ensure events run smoothly.
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 22nd March 2023
Signed Chairperson: Jane Sharp