Child Observation Policy
We at The Playbox are committed to ensuring that the developmental needs of the children are met and through observation we aim to check their progress on a regular basis.
In order to accomplish this:
– We will observe children within our group in order to provide the best care and provision.
– Children will be observed on a regular basis to enable us to encourage all round progress in their
– Parents will be invited to share in our observations of their own children.
– Observing the individual children will take place in the strictest confidence and the information
shared only with the parent/carer of that child.
– Children will not be intimidated by observation and care and respect will be shown at all times.
– We will continue to evaluate our provision through on going observation, to ensure all of the individual
needs of the children are accommodated.
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 25th January 2023
Signed Chairperson : Jane Sharp