Child Observation Policy
We at The Playbox are committed to ensuring that the developmental needs of the children are met and through observation we aim to check their progress on a regular basis.
In order to accomplish this:
– We will observe children within our group in order to provide the best care and provision.
– Children will be observed on a regular basis to enable us to encourage all round progress in their development.
– Parents will be invited to share in our observations of their own children.
– Observing the individual children will take place in the strictest confidence and the information shared only with the parent/carer of that child.
– Children will not be intimidated by observation and care and respect will be shown at all times.
– We will continue to evaluate our provision through on going observation, to ensure all of the individual needs of the children are accommodated.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 22nd March 1999.
This policy was reviewed at The Playbox AGM held on 14th October 2014.
This policy was reviewed at The Playbox committee held on 23rd November 2015.
This policy was reviewed at a meeting of The Playbox committee on 7th November 2016
This policy was reviewed & updated at a meeting of The Playbox committee held on 9th May 2019
This policy was reviewed by email & signed by the chairperson on the 22nd October 2020
Signed Chairperson : Jane Sharp